This 66+- acre parcel is on the Northside of Contraband Parkway near L'Auberge Blvd leading to the Lake Area's two casino and golf resorts. With over 4,000' along Contraband Bayou and over 1,000' along Contraband Parkway, this first-time listing offers endless potential.
This property offers exceptional proximity to the casinos and golf resorts, major retailers such as Hobby Lobby, Walmart, Sam's, Target, and many others.
A few development possibilities follow in the read more section and on the custom brochure. All are offered as methods to create a hospitality, entertainment, and retail hub that caters to convention and casino visitors while contributing to the quality of life for SW Louisiana residents eager to embrace water-related, recreation, and culinary activities.
Besides the driver-friendly access from the internal traffic circle on Contraband Pointe, visitors can easily access the property from the traffic circle at W. Prien Lake Road and Contraband Parkway from the South, or L'Auberge Blvd from the West. Development projects will benefit from being close to I-210, not to mention the 3000+- hotel rooms within 1.5 miles.
The drone photo to the right shows the center portion of the property and the northern boundary along Contraband Bayou. L'Auberge, Golden Nugget, and the I-210 bridge are in the background.
With construction on the Nelson Road extension bridge expected soon, this location becomes even more enviable by offering easy access from the prestigious Shell Beach drive area and Downtown Lake Charles via W Sallier.
Click on the image to the left or this link to open a custom brochure detailing this property.
A few ideas for a hospitality development or Lifestyle Center that focuses on the waterways, recreation, entertainment, and culinary aspects of Southwest Louisiana follow. Imagine:
|This stock photo illustrates the potential of a boardwalk along the Bayou.|
- first-class vacation rental cottages and condos with easy boat access to enjoy boat riding and fishing along the bayou, Prien Lake, Lake Charles, the East and West fork of the Calcasieu River, or the Gulf of Mexico!
- boating, wharf, and/or marina facilities that offer guests the ability to utilize their own boat or rent one, then return home from a day of fishing in the Sportsman's Paradise and preparing their catch for their family and guests.
- waterfront food and beverage establishments with connecting boardwalks that lead to a theater featuring live entertainment, even theatrical productions.
- family activities such as fishing camps, wetlands habitat, culinary lessons, sporting complexes, and more.
- up-scale professional and retail offerings along the 1,000+ feet along Contraband Parkway. Contraband Pointe's central location is a strategic location for medical offices or others seeking easy access to all points in Lake Charles and Sulphur.
- conference and banquet facilities
Underground power lines along Contraband Parkway are in progress.
Public sewer and water are in place along Contraband Parkway.
Buyers are responsible for all other infrastructure.
A wetland's jurisdictional determination has been obtained from the US Corp of Engineers. There are minimal wetlands within the center of the property.
To further reduce due diligence delays, a Traffic Impact Analysis has been completed and approved by DOTD.
Below: Drone photo of the central and eastern portions of the property with Contraband Bayou along the North and East side of the property. The Lake, prestigious Shell Beach Drive, downtown Lake Charles, and I-10 are in the background. The civic center, downtown Lake Charles, the Casinos, and the future Port Wonder complex to be built between I-10 and the Lake are a short boat ride from Contraband Pointe.
Contraband Pointe map indicating various conceptual parcels as well as properties that have sold.