This prime commercial, business and waterfront real estate is near the entry to L’Auberge Casino Resort and is contiguous to the highly successful Prien Lake Plaza and near numerous other significant retail and business firms, restaurants and motels.
The remaining 111 acres of the original 149 acres sports a tremendous traffic count from both Prien Lake Road and I-210 which runs parallel to Prien Lake Road. Once the anticipated Nelson Road Extension is complete, the traffic count on Nelson is expected to be significant. As discussed at the 9/17/13 LA DOTD public hearing about the project, and illustrated on the presentation available via this link, this promises to be the next major North/South corridor connecting downtown and South Lake Charles, making it one of Southwest Louisiana’s prime commercial corridors.
Near hotels, motels,restaurants, shopping, and two major gaming and golf enterprises, this extraordinary waterfront property offers a significant opportunity for those wanting to invest in a location in the center of the dynamic Southwest Louisiana market.
The following indicates the incredible amenities of this one-of-a kind site:
- Over 5,000' of navigable water frontage along the historic and beautiful Contraband Bayou with significant potential to maximize on the plentiful water activities, including the area's passion for hunting, fishing and water sports.
- Approximately 900' remain along Prien Lake Road with visibility from I-210
- Approximately 250’ along Nelson Road near L’Auberge Avenue, Prien Lake Plaza Shopping Center and the proposed Nelson Bridge Extension.
- Favorably zoned “business” by the City of Lake Charles as evidenced on this Lake Charles zoning map.
- Proximity to the luxurious L’Auberge Casino Resort.
- Proximity to The Golden Nugget.
- 17 hotels (includes 1 motel) and over 3400 hotel rooms within 1.5 miles of the entrance to the retail section. Of these, approximately 950 rooms are located within 1800 feet of the entrance!
- Easy access to I-210, Lake Street, and the proposed Nelson Road Extension Bridge are all positives as is the DOTD road (Contraband Parkway) which connect W. Prien Lake Road at the Holly Hill traffic circle to Nelson Road, significantly increasing development opportunities.
- The entire property is zoned "Business" and Contraband Pointe Subdivision has been accepted by the City of Lake Charles.
- The waterfront and interior of the northern portion of the property offers a blank palette for development.
- Shuck and Boil Restaurant closed on their new waterfront location in late December.
This FAQ page has been created to provide information about Contraband Pointe and this page leads to a Google Map that indicates properties that have sold and/or are pending sales.
Contraband Parkway progress as of December 22, 2018. Facing South toward W. Prien Lake Road and I-210.